|Kala Chana in Baingan Bhartha (Eggpalnt and Black Chikpea)|
Just like the name suggests, its just an addition of kala chana in baingan bhartha. Rahul, my son, 10 yrs, liked it just because of the new addition.
I have tried bhartha's of many tastes, here is my version.I am sure you might be able to relate to it in some way.
Baingan (Eggplant) Large : 1
Boiled Chana : 1/ cup (add little salt and heat. drain and water and keep aside)
Onion: 1 Large chopped
Small tomato : 1 chopped
Green Chilli :1
Garlic - 7-8 de-skinned pods
Green Coriander : little chopped
Corainder powder : 1tsp
Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
Jeera : 1 tsp
1. Clean and apply oil with a tissue on the Baingan.
2. Slit randomly across the baingan, in such a way the you can insert the garlic pod into it, with just a 10% popping out.
3. Heat on fire directly by rotating holding its stem.
4. Once it looks totally out of energy, I mean shrinks till it can no further, remove from fire.
5. Allow to cool.
6. Remove the skin carefully. It really tends to revolt and mess around if you apply force. So, please go easy with them.
7. Put it in a bowl and mash well with salt to taste.
8. Now heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add jeera .When it splutters. Add onion, green chilli and tomato.
9. On high flame saute for 1 minute and make sure your stop watch does not deceive you !! We want the onion to remain crisp.
10. Add the mashed baingan to this and cook for 1/2 a minute.
11. Dish out the baingan
12. Garnish : Coriander leaves chopped and lemon (as per taste)
Serving : 2 persons