Tomato Rasam Recipe (Dal-Lenthil Recipe)

Nothing to beat the chilling winter better than with a piping hot cup of rasam {I have learnt to love the tangy hot "rasam" as a starter, thanks to my Punjabi friends,who get aghast when I ask them to have it with rice}.Ofcourse, we tamilian know it better with rice, but in Northern India, I recall my friends bidding for it against all starters in cold mellow winter afternoons !


Ingredients

Tomato-2 nos
Whole red chilli-3
Cumin seeds-1tsp
Peppercorn-1/2 tsp
Garlic-5 flakes
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Mustard-1/2 tsp
Aestafoida (Hing)-a pinch
Curry leaves
Coriander leaves
Salt
Oil
Water -3 cup



Method :

1.Grind red chill,peppercorn,cuminseed,garlic and Turmeric powder.Don't grind into fine paste.Crush {Do not grind it to powder state, it has to half ground} it in mixer without adding water.

2.Mash the tomato.

3.Pour oil in a kadai/pan.Add mustard and allow it to crackle.Following this add ground ingredients,mashed tomato and Hing/aestafotedia.Saute for 4 min.

4.Now add curry leaves and pour water and salt.

5.Garnish with coriander leaves

6.Serve with boiled rice.

1 comment:

Dori said...

Mmmmm, yummy... looks awesome!

Food thoughts

How many of us frankly get up in the mornings worrying about , Oh My God what should I make that both the kids will have happily ! With my...