Pather Beni (Indian-festival-Sweet)


A sweet from the Bengal (I believe, although I cannot vouch for his evolution there !),can be made with variations by adding food colors , different shapes can be a favorite with kids ! I remember having scored a A+ grade when we had to make one in my college while during my Food & Nutrition. I vow a lot to this than just putting it in my blog!!

Ingredients:
Maida - 1 cup
Sugar - 2 cup
Rice Flour - 1 tsp
Dessicated Cocconut - 2 tbsp
Ghee -2tsp + 1 tsp




Method:

1. Mix 1tsp Ghee and Maida.

2. Add sugar to 2 tsp Ghee and beat well.

3.Make a sugar syrup by adding water to sugar (Add water to a level that the sugar is totally submerged in water). Boil to one thread. Add Elaichi Powder and Saffron.

4.Make small puri's.Coat a layer of rice mixture and paste another puri over it.In similar way add 5-6 puri one over another. then roll it and cut into pieces.

5. Take one piece and make a small puri.

6. Fry in ghee and dip in sugar syrup.Sprinkle with desiccated cocconut.

Note * This can be stored for almost a week.

No comments:

Food thoughts

How many of us frankly get up in the mornings worrying about , Oh My God what should I make that both the kids will have happily ! With my...